What is AmeriCorp VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program that matches adults of all ages with community anti-poverty initiatives. With a focus on community empowerment, capacity building, and sustainable solutions these VISTAs work behind the scenes with organizations that:
- Improve literacy
- Expand job opportunities
- Develop financial assets
- Reduce homelessness
- Improve health services
- Increase housing opportunities
- Increase economic opportunities for low-income veterans and military families
In the Ocoee Region, more than 106 VISTA's have served at 45 organizations through our United Way's VISTA program.
This year, our VISTAs will:
- Establish volunteer programs
- Research and write grants
- Build relationships with supporters
- Increase community engagement
- Develop funding plans
- Create marketing strategies
- Establish efficient business processes
What are YOU doing this year?
Ready to join our team?
For information on our VISTA program, including the living allowance, education award, and other benefits of service, contact email@example.com or 423-479-2020.