Bringing out the best of America
Expand the reach of a nonprofit through AmeriCorps VISTA by fighting poverty and helping an organization to expand its capacity to make change. Through fundraising, grant writing, volunteer recruitment, and so much more, gain experience and leadership skills that will set you up for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector by serving with AmeriCorps Ocoee.
Are you ready to improve communities and enrich lives? Apply below.
There are many rewards for committing yourself to a year of service! Each of our AmeriCorps VISTA projects will engage you in meaningful work, expand your social network, and provide professional development opportunities in order to prepare you for your next steps in life - whether that is pursuing a career or furthering your education.
As a year-long AmeriCorps VISTA member, you are eligible to receive a number of benefits including:
- An annual living stipend of $17,600
- Monthly $150 housing stipend
- A choice between the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award valued at $6,345, which can be used to pay back your qualifying student loans or for furthering your education, or an end-of-service cash stipend set at $1,800
- Forbearance or deferment of current student loans during VISTA service
- Relocation Stipend and Settling-In Allowance for members moving more than 50 miles to serve,
- VISTA healthcare benefits or allowance
Those serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA for a summer term receive $3,375.00 for 10 weeks of service and the choice of an education award worth $1,375 or cash stipend of $200 upon completion of service.
Learn and grow while making a difference in the lives of others. Individuals who serve with AmeriCorps build new skillsets that they can take with them wherever they go, while giving back to communities across the country. Besides the opportunities provided for networking at your location of service, AmeriCorps Ocoee also provides a monthly cohort meeting to deep dive on a new skill and learn from community experts.
What term of service is right for me?
Year-long terms of service begin monthly and are ideal for someone who is looking for a full time position.
Summer terms begin in May and conclude in July. Ideal for a student (18+) who is looking for a summer job to bolster their resume, garner real life experience, and give back to the community.