"Large-scale social change requires broad cross-sector coordination, yet the social sector remains focused on the isolated intervention of individual organizations." Kania & Kramer
We have identified goals in health, education, and stability but we cannot do it without the community joining our cause. Whether or not you know a child on the other side of town, it matters whether that child grows up to be a contributing member of this community. We all have a stake in that, and a responsibility to do our part.
While we know the importance of raising funds to help local programs provide services, the measure of United Way is in the ways we are impacting the community -- in connecting people across the region, and in improving the foundations of our community.
It takes an entire community to make a difference, and we need you.
Wondering what collective impact is? We've pulled together some of the best resources to explain what collective impact is and why it is so important.
- Collective Impact by Kania & Kramer - Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Collective Impact Channeling Change
- Measuring Impact & Communicating Program Value
- Outcome Measures
- Targeted Solutions Developing Outcome Measurements
- Ten Tips to Open Doors to Grants (and Other Funding)